Welcome to my World

I would like to welcome to my world after my Roux 'N Y surgery. It has a been journey I will never forget. I have met some very interesting and supportive people along the way. If you have had the surgery or know of someone who has had the surgery I would love to hear from you. If I can be of support to someone, please just ask. I'll be here unless I'm gone.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

After abdominalplasty

On August 31, 2011 I underwent abdominalplasty.  If I had known had much pain and being uncomfortable I am I might have given this surgery a second or even third thought.  I am glad I did it as the extra large amount of skin hanging in front of me was unattractive and making me miserable. I had heat rash, discoloration of the skin, the beginning stages of sores and some small amount of drainage from irritations.  I had two drains from the surgery which one has now been removed. I am hopeful that in a few weeks the other one will be removed. I am really not in a lot of pain from the incision that extends from the far left of my side to the far right of my  other side..I just have to be very careful not to pull apart the incision. It is only put together with a glue.  I can not get it wet which means showering has to done very carefully as not to let the water stream on the incision.  I was told they removed 7 to 8 pounds of excess skin and 2 to 3 pounds is a norm. I am sleeping a lot because of the meds but hopefully I will be off those soon. I know this is a slow recovery but will be well worth it once I am well.
I have to thank My Lord first and then my family for their support. I could not have done without them.
My hopes are someday to be able to hold a job or even work as a volunteer. I am ready to meet this world head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment